PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.tested.me (our site) and our tested.me service.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on our site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our site
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks
Who we are and how to contact us
www.tested.me is a site operated by tested.me Ltd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12699464 and have our registered office at Verulam Point, Station Way, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 5HE. Our main trading address is Lower Farm, Leighton Rd, Northall, Bucks LU6 2HD Our VAT number is 353 7664 74.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone us on 03301 740 940.
By using our site or our tested.me service you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or our tested.me service.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Privacy Notice
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you subscribe to or use our tested.me service or our mobile applications, the following additional terms will also apply to you (as applicable):
Web address of terms
Mobile application end user licence agreement
Mobile application privacy notice
Terms of service for Visitor Registration Solution and Health Verification Solution
Software-as-a-service agreement for Enterprise Health Verification Solution
The customer-specific agreement between your business and us will apply.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site or our tested.me service, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 19/04/21.
We may make changes to our site and our tested.me service
We may update and change our site and our tested.me service from time to time to reflect changes to our products or services, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge (but our tested.me service has various subscription options and some services are only available to you if you are a paid subscriber).
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, or our tested.me service, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site or our tested.me service for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in our tested.me service, and in the material published on them. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website and/or our tested.me service may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site or our tested.me service. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. Any views expressed by other users on our site or our tested.me service do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you (including our tested.me service), which will be set out in our relevant terms, as referred to in the table above.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice.
Uploading content to our site or our tested.me service
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site or our tested.me service, or to make contact with other users of our site or users of our tested.me service, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
In relation to any content you upload to our tested.me service, you retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content (and, if you choose to share it with other users of our tested.me service, to distribute and make it available to those parties). The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site, or any content that you upload to our tested.me service if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to us to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the service provided by our site (including without limitation for use by us to promote our site or the service), and in all and any media.
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to other users of our site and our advertisers, business associates and affiliates to view that content in connection with the service provided by our site.
When you upload or post content to our tested.me service, you grant the following rights to use that content:
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to us to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services that we provided to you.
- if you choose to share your content with other users of our tested.me service, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to such other users to view, amend and add to that content in connection with the service provided by us to you and them.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site or our tested.me service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site and/or our tested.me service. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site or our tested.me service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, our tested.me service, the server(s) on which our site or our tested.me service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or our tested.me service. You must not attack our site or our tested.me service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks
"tested.me", “testedvenues.me” and the "Me Symbol" are trade marks of tested.me Ltd. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.